What You Can Do With Your iPhone Voicemail Password
Resetting your iPhone voicemail password is anything but hard. Once you have already configured your very own iPhone, the voicemail password given becomes the key whenever you would want to listen to your messages.
There may be times when you have to reset the password whenever you suspect that someone already knows it. You may also want to do this if you want to improve your voicemail box security. To reset, you have to change the password (it can only take up to a minute). You are much better off with a more secure password with these easy and quick guidelines.
- Turn the iPhone on and tap “Settings” found on the home screen.
- Once you have found the settings, scroll down and tap the “Phone” menu. Find the “Change voicemail password” option and tap it.
- Enter the current voicemail password of your choice, and tap “Done” afterwards. You should now be able to see another window, this time the “enter a new voicemail password.” Enter the new password that you would want to use (make sure it would be a strong one), and tap “Done” to finish the process.
You may also find the need to disable your voicemail password when either of the “Incorrect password” or the “Enter password” prompt will present itself on the iPhone screen. This thing can happen whenever you have entered the wrong password or you may have not entered it at all. Choosing the “Cancel” prompt is only a temporary fix; it may have already disappeared, only to find out that it had reappeared at some random time.
While you can find no disable option for your iPhone voicemail password, you can readily keep the password prompt from showing up in many different ways. Take note that this only applies for the standard and visual voicemail.
When resetting using the automated system, try:
- Dialing 611 or 800-331-0500 using your iPhone or through another phone – it would be best to dial using another phone just in case another separate problem may be currently bugging your phone. You can expect the service representative to ask you to turn off your phone so they can commence in addressing the issue.
- Key in your phone number and the area code as soon as you are prompted by the system.
- Tap “3” so you can get into the “Get help with voicemail” window. Again, select “3” so you can reset the voicemail password.
- Provide your billing zip code whenever requested by the automated system. You can then expect to receive a new message outlining your new password information. You can also expect to see the “Password incorrect” pop-up to show up on your screen.
- Type in your new password of choice and press OK to finish the process.
When changing the password from your voicemail inbox, simply tap the “Home” key on the bottom and select the green-colored “Phone” icon. Then tap “Keypad,” which is found in between the “Contacts” and the “Voicemail” icons. Press “1,” hold it so you can view the password prompt. You have to enter the existing password to continue.
Touch “4,” then “2” and then “1” so you can change the password. Again, the “Password incorrect” prompt will then appear. Type in your new password, tap “OK” to save it, and you’re done. Resetting your iPhone voicemail password is just this easy.